I love getting lost in the whimsical stitches of embroidery. It takes me many long hours to create a little sewn blob or whorl by hand. I was honored when my friend since fourth grade and La Selva designer Celina Paiz asked me to collaborate with her on her latest collection of ready-to-wear. The results are six totally special denim shirts. Each shirt is unique and will be available at the La Selva pop up shop at Antoinette starting August 2nd. Please stop by! I would be in heaven if the entire La Selva collection was my only wardrobe.
Special thanks to Julie Holder for her superior photography skills.
3. & 4. Lesia Paramonova / LES' Collection
6. Stella McCartney for Adidas / Run Image Parka
7. Scotch & Soda / Botanical Bomber
My Holiday Round UP!
1. Dolce & Gabbana Gold Roseembellished Metallic Leather Cage Sandals, $6900
2. Zimmerman Multicolor The Vase One Shoulder Swimsuit, $371
3. Moncler Multicolor Down Jacket, $3610
4. Dolce & Gabbana Floral Print Coat, $4995
5. Lanvin Beige Floralappliquéd Faille Tunic Dress, $6945
6. Balmain Wool Blend Structural Pullover in Emerald Green, $5040
7. Asya Malbershtein White Leather Rectangular Backpack with Straps, $240
My dear friend Celina just launched her clothing line La Selva. What makes this collection so special is that Celina travels to Guatemala and personally selects each hand woven textile. They are all one-of-a-kind. Her incredible collection is very wearable and made in NYC. I am enamored by all of the hand embroidery.